Spring session - January thru May
For Ages: 10 - 12 Years
This weekly class will introduce students to new fine art techniques as well as to polish existing skills while exposing students to art history. Students will learn drawing techniques that are essential to creating on their own such as proportion, subject matter, color theory, and composition. These different themes will be explored by introducing students to art periods/famous historical art figures as well as using mediums such as Charcoal, graphite, oil pastel and acrylic paint. Students will build a portfolio to showcase the unique mediums they have learned to work with. Students will engage in art conversation weekly by discussing their work with each other.
Topics to be covered:
- Art History/important art figures
- Focus on generating and conceptualizing artistic ideas and themes.
- Color Theory: Value-tint/shades, Intensity, Color Wheel, Warm and Cool Colors.
- Color Schemes: Monochromatic, Analogous, Complimentary, Triad and Neutral.
- Drawing Techniques: Contour, Gesture, Texture, Shading, Sketching, One and Two Point Perspective, Positive and Negative Space.
- Painting Techniques: Brush Work and Acrylic.
- Connecting: Relate knowledge and personal experience to create art. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.
Instructor: Ms. Lizzy / Ms. Caroline
When: Wednesdays 5:45 to 7 pm. This is a 75-minute class once a week.
Dates: 01/16, 01/23, 01/30, 02/06, 02/13, 02/20, 02/27, 03/06, 03/13, 03/20, 04/03, 04/10, 04/17, 04/24, 05/01, 05/08
Makeup class date: 05/15, 05/22 (these dates will become available only if necessary)
Split payment option available. Call us if you would like that.
Contact phone: 331-229-8527
Class location: A Colorful Affair
124 s Webster st #102, Naperville, IL 60546
All art supplies will be provided at the start of class and must be brought to every session. Maximum class limit: 8 students